Forever a Big Brother

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Feeding Fun


The world of "solid" food agrees with me very much! Well, I'm not exactly eating "solid" food as Mommy the science teacher says a solid is something that doesn't take the shape of its container. My food definitely takes the shape of my colorful bowls. Anyway, I started eating oatmeal about 2 weeks before my 6 month birthday. I did very well by not getting too much on my face and not spitting it out. I wanted to please Pops (my grandpa) whose favorite breakfast is oatmeal.
When I turned 6 months (October 25), Mommy decided peas should be my first vegetable. What a birthday meal!?! Actually, I liked them OK as Mommy made them from sweet frozen peas and not from a jar. Mommy and Daddy even gave me a tiny bite of the 1/2 chocolate cake they made. Get it, 1/2 a chocolate cake for my 1/2 birthday?? I think I'll take after my 2 grandma's and really like chocolate. Can't wait for my 1st birthday when I can have real bites!
My next veggie was squash, and I liked that, too. A little bit sweet and a great bright orange color. Mommy's going to give me pears next. Finally, the world of fruits. I bet I'll like them, too. A little aside, now that I'm eating solids I leave some treats for Mommy and Daddy in my diaper.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Mmm. Enjoy those--solids? Funny you mention it. I'm always thinking about what kind of a fluid Jackson's "solids" are. Certainly non-Newtonian. They're actually some kind of a slurry, with cereal slurrier than pears.
Maybe I'll have to write my own post about it.