Forever a Big Brother

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Christening


     I was very fortunate last weekend to be baptized!!  Many of my family came to witness and celebrate this special occasion with me.  All my grandparents, my Uncle Jim (my godfather), Uncle Chet, Aunt Yaritza (my Christian witness), and Cousins Algi & Almy came to stay with us for the weekend.  I missed seeing my Aunt Liz and Baby Cousin Bridget, but it was too long of a trip for them.  I totally understand that as a 5 month old!!  There were many other family and friends who came on Sunday to be with us.  It was a beautiful ceremony, and I did not cry when they put the water on my head.  I am blessed to be one of the newest members of the St. Bridget Church community.
     
     Over the weekend I got lots of quality time with the grandparents and cousins.  Someone was always there to hold or play with me.  I even got to sit on Algi's and Almy's laps while they read to me.  Pops took me outside to feel the different plants.  I especially liked feeling the mum.  There was always so much going on with all the people at our house, but I still did great with my naps and bedtime.  It was so quiet when everyone left on Monday.
     Mom brought me to the mom's group at the hospital on Tuesday, and I weighed almost 17 1/2 pounds.  Maybe that's why it's so hard to roll over...  I roll over from belly to back in my crib when I scooch my bum under me while trying to fall asleep, but I forget how to do that when I am anywhere outside my crib.  Time to go; I've got more tricks to learn.

No comments: