Forever a Big Brother

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vermont Weekend

I thought I would get ready for a weekend in Vermont by doing some weight training with a backpack...
We enjoyed a fabulous weekend in peak foliage at our favorite spot on Bromley Mountain. Thanks Lisa, Bob, and Justin Hoak for sharing Chester House with us again. Mom and Dad said we were up here last year, but I don't remember. At Dutton's farm stand, we got some apples and Grade B maple syrup for Daddy's special pancakes. Grade B is harvested later in the season, and is darker and bolder in flavor than the Grade A's you're used to.

The cat-people didn't have much to say...

After enjoying the Hilldean craft fair and some hot apple crisp, we were off to Mommy and Daddy's favorite restaurant, the Sirloin Saloon. (they ate there before Daddy proposed seven years ago). Here's me getting ready for my dinner...


And that's me gnawing on some terryaki beef skewers. Mommy and Daddy had some big pieces of cow, too. I had an ice cream sundae for dessert.

Today, we hiked up to the top of the alpine slide and watched some kids and adults sliding down. I cried a little because I'm not big enough to go yet. Next year...




Here's a picture of me this year and last year in the same spot.


2008

2007

Now we're back home and ready for Game 3 of the Sox/Angels series. Go Sox!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, fall in New England. Wish I could be there with you. You're a lucky guy, Braeden. And can't believe how big and grown up you're getting. What are you gonna be for Halloween?

Uncle Drew

Anonymous said...

We love the new pics... how cute!!! -luv granjan, granpop, uncle chet,tia yaritza, almy, alyi
<3